“Struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in the mind” ~Jack Kerouac
Here’s what I know about my blog:
- My blog is existential. Its existence precedes its essence.
- I do not ask for any readers, but I do appreciate any feedback, especially of a constructive nature.
- I hate the word ‘blog’. I feel like Im trying to use a buzz word I don’t fully understand.
- I will occasionally commit typos such as “Im” rather than “I’m” [see above]. In these blunders, I ask for your forgiveness and tolerance.
- I am immeasurably inspired by such writers as Hunter S. Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut, William S. Burroughs, Walt Whitman, Virginia Woolf, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Franz Kafka, Albert Camus, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Langston Hughes, Tennessee Williams, Ernest Hemingway. Sadly, reading them hasn’t helped my writing any, and my prediction is that this blog will likely show more inflections of primitive thought (gruff, huff, huff, hmph).